Although car insurance premiums can sometimes be pricy, there are ways that can help you save money on your auto insurance. Below are a few ways that could provide you with auto insurance discounts. Keep these tips in mind when looking for car insurance.
- If you have more than one car in the household, you may be eligible for a discount. Depending on the car insurance company, when you insure more than one car with the same company you could qualify for a percentage off of your pricing.
- If you sign-up for a policy for a longer period of time, your rate can be reduced
- If you have been a good driver and avoid accidents or traffic tickets, your insurance premium will likely remain lower
- If you drive a safe, reliable vehicle, this will likely result in lower rates.
It is also extremely important to be a safe driver. Following the safe driver guidelines listed below can often help you avoid auto accidents and run ins with the law.
- Observe the speed limit, especially in heavy traffic or severe weather conditions.
- Maintain at least a three-second distance between you and the car in front of you. Use a street sign or electrical line as a reference point; if it takes you less than three seconds to pass this point after the car in front of you has passed it, slow down or change lanes to pass the vehicle.
- Take a defensive driving course, and learn to be mindful of other drivers around you. If you have completed a defensive driving course, contact your car insurance company to inquire about a discount on your insurance premium
Car Insurance rates may vary. Check with your independent insurance agent for a free car insurance quote.
Call Dick Watts Insurance 502-245-3625